September 30, 2010

My First Blog Award!!



Thank you thank you! I wave my hand like a queen.  My first blog award!! I am so excited!!!  Thank you to Robyn over at Adventures in Abby Land for selecting me for The Versatile Blogger Award!!

What a great way to start the day!  I ran through the rain this morning, attempting not to look like a drowned rat - so when I opened up my email after getting into work and saw Robyn's comment - it made the wet feet and ragged hair not so bad!

*This is just a fun way to meet other bloggers and get to know one another, by passing these fun bloggy awards to other bloggers that we like! There are some FUN rules in accepting this bloggy award.
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 other bloggers who you recently discovered and think are fabulous.
4. Contact the bloggers you choose and let them know they won the award.

7 things about myself??

1. I love school supplies.  I have an abundance of markers, pens, pencils, and staplers. Yes - staplers.  I have about 8 of them, and I am not sure why or how but I refuse to get rid of any. 

2. My best friend and her husband are moving to Africa to work among missionaries for the next ten months.  I am super proud of her, but will miss her terribly. 

3. I need to have ice in my drink at all times.   I realize it probably waters down most of my beverages, but I like my drinks at a chill temperature always.  *Except milk. YUCK*

4. Milk - I can not - and I repeat CAN NOT share my milk with anyone. For some reason, I find this absolutely gross. If you take a sip, consider it yours. 

5. I would love to be a baker, window display designer, cupcake maker, coffee shop owner, seamstress, costume designer, trampoline jumper, author.....and still be me. Yes, I need nine lives.

6. My favorite holidays are Christmas and Halloween. We completely decorate our house for both occasions (will post pictures!). Each year, we try to incorporate a new design or decoration...I can't wait to see how it comes out this year!!

7. Sugar is a necessity not a want.  My tea and sugar go hand in hand....to a point where there is a syrupy goo at the bottom of my mug - my husband wants to vomit, I want to smile and drink more.

This was very difficult to narrow down, but so much fun to go through my favorites :)
15 blogs to win this award:


(That list is in alphabetical order, not listed by favorites)

Thanks again for this wonderful surprise, and congrats to the 15 blogs listed above!!!
Signature

5 hearts about my post:

Karen said...

You so deserve it!!!! What did I tell you!!! You have so much talent.....CONGRATS :)

Tiffany said...

Thanks Kara for passing this on! I appreciate it so much. I will pass it too! Thanks again.

Beth- the mama bee said...

Thanks for the award. I'll pass it on.

Lorie said...

Thank you so much! I am flattered that you added me to your list!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Kara, thank you very much. You have a wonderful space over hear and I am honored to be included with this group!

PS I also love school supplies & Michael Buble.