January 15, 2010

Stamp This with food


I found fabulous cupcake stamps located on Taylored Expressions. There are cuppie love scenes, which simply mean cupcakes are kissing and hugging, holding hands and going on dates. So adorable! Maybe they will get together, and have mini-cupcakes. yum.

I tend to have a closer attraction to cupcakes then I do any other dessert. Not even eating them, but looking at them decorating them, dressing in them (yes, I mean accessories - not a vanilla cake on my head!)
On Etsy, I found Cupcake Tree Designs, who designs the simplest cupcake stamps. I think you can't go wrong with a small little treat to stamp with!
I like the idea of making your own wrapping paper. Plain wrapping paper is always cheaper, and can be found in any Dollar Store - yet with a little ink and a cute stamp - you have just made your very own wrap. The great thing about this is - it is never the same! Each present is individually stamped and each gift deserves separate attention.
Not only does she have cupcakes, but you could also stamp using hand mixer stamps, bacon and egg stamps, pie stamps...the list seems endless and delicious.

Other cupcake ideas? yes. I have fallen in love with Popcorn Cupcakes. I would definitely make this as a tribute to his favorite snack.

I found this at Family Fun .
Ingredients
  • 1 baked cupcake
  • White icing
  • 40 mini marshmallows (white or pastel yellow and white)
  • Yellow food coloring (optional)
  • Clean paintbrush
  • Scissors
  • White construction paper
  • Blue and red markers

  1. Frost the cupcake with white icing. To create each piece of "popcorn," cut one mini marshmallow in half and squish the two pieces back together into a whole mini marshmallow, pinching firmly. Pile the finished popcorn onto the frosted cupcake.


  2. For a buttery look, either dilute a drop of yellow food coloring in water and brush it on with a clean paintbrush or mix pastel yellow marshmallows in with the white.

  3. To make the band, cut a strip of construction paper about 1 1/4 inches by 8 inches, or to fit your cupcake, and decorate as shown.

  4. If you're creating many cupcakes, design just one band and color photocopy it. Wrap the band around the cupcake and secure with tape.


This seems easy enough! This looks simply adorable...the problem is I am not really a true fan of marshmallow - but I could just pick the topping off (yes, I was
that kid that picked the toppings off of everything).

But to end it with what I started - stamps. Popcorn stamps. from none other than Cupcake Tree Designs.
You could stamp movie theater invites with these cute lil boogers, and mail them out! Who doesn't love a good flick with friends, and a fun invite to boot?


Happy Stamping!

Signature

0 hearts about my post: