January 29, 2010

First Birthday Par-tay!

What do you do when you want a big blow out for a one year old?

To throw a proper party, you need the following:
Balloons
Party Banners
Cookies
Party Hats
and lastly....The birthday boy/girl!

Balloons
To celebrate a beautiful baby's first birthday, I am helping create a balloon arch. Who knew there were so many different designs?? If you wanted to be technical, here are some directions.


At Balloons Galore, they give you very specific directions how to create the arch of your dreams. The only arch I am familiar with his the golden arches of McDonald's.


Birthday Banner
I downloaded the font of Circus so it closely resembles that of a circus from the early 1920s - and I just love it! I plan on making a Happy Birthday sign out of paper. Hopefully, the end result will look something like this:
All you need is a printer, paper, scissors, and a creative mind!

Cookies
What screams a birthday more than a colorful cookie? nothing. This recipe below is sure to make all the kids at the party scream for more....

Directly from the M&M Baking website, here is the recipe that MMMars feels is worth your while.

Ingredients

1 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup M&M’S® MINIS® Milk Chocolate Candies

Directions

Heat oven to 375°F. Beat sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Stir in 2/3 cup M&M’S® MINIS® Milk Chocolate Candies. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Press several additional M&M’S® MINIS® Milk Chocolate Candiesinto each cookie. Bake for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown.

According to the recipe, it makes about 5 dozen cookies 2 1/2 inches big.

yum yum!

Party outfits
So I don't really know how I feel about "birthday" shirts or outfits. However, I find this dress incredibely adorable. I think if they had one in size 12 women, I would wear this for my 30th.
I found it on Sophia's style.

I love this shirt for a boy - and whooo doesn't love owls? Though, I personally think the pants are a little too much for my taste.


Whatever your reason might be to throw a party, nothing is as fun as preparing for a kid's birthday party!! Happy Early Birthday Aiden!!

Signature

0 hearts about my post: