May 23, 2008

Fridays on the Cheap

Memorial Day weekend. One of my favorite weekends simply because I have four days off and that means I am at the shore the entire time :)

What to do this weekend? My all time favorite activity with my family (because that is the crowd I run with) would be board games, booze and snackies. So today is deticated to snackers around the world (or atleast in the tri-state area)

Tonight's options are the following:

Last Word Board Game:
From what I can gather, you get a Letter and a topic and everyone has to shout out objects from that catergory till the buzzer goes off.......havent played - I will give the full report when I actually crack open the box


OR


Taboo Board Game:
This is one of my favorite games to play. You get a word and you have to try to get your partner to say it. However, there are certain "key" words that you cannot use to describe it...It's fun to play if you REALLY know your partner -
for example - I was playing with Mr. against my mom and my brother and I had to try to get Mr. to say a word. In three seconds flat I shouted "WhatIwishIhadinmybasement!" He barked "dolphins!" The crowd went wild!! We slapped high fives, and I thought gee - he really does pay attention to everything I say....*sigh*

OUTDOOR BBQ GAME:
We were SO excited when this came in the mail. Four people, two hours later - we finally got it assembled. We were ready. However, the game was not. Each time we swung the ball towards the pole - it fell down!!!We are trying to make it a little sturdier - but nonetheless, this is a great addition to our outdoor drinking game collection.

Drink of the Day:

Pomegranate Margarita

2 ounces white tequila
1/2 ounce Triple Sec
1 ounce fresh lime juice
1/2 ounce Cointreau
1 tablespoon fresh pomegranate juice(POM)
Ice

Had this mix last weekend, and it put me on my arse. literally at times. But my my was it tasty :)

0 hearts about my post: