March 10, 2010

The World Spins On

Another spins out of this world. Corey Haim. He was someone I remember when I was younger, and thought was just adorable. I found out this morning - that he has passed away. I don't know why I am saddened by this, but I am.

It could be that I secretly was obsessed with vampires, as I had memorized (and probably still could recite) the entire movie of Buffy and the Vampire Slayer. With that being said, Lost Boys came in as a close second.

Other movies Corey Haim starred in:

License to Drive - This was an amusing movie about boys getting their license at 16 (which in my state of NJ - is unheard of!), and all the trouble that comes with it. I love that Heather Graham is in this, as I didn't even realize it until I went back and watched it again.

Dream a Little Dream -
I haven't seen this movie in years. But I remember it better a romance comedy - something I am a sucker for. A little elder/young soul body switch-a-roo? I may have to rent it and take a watch again.

Though I am not surprised by his death, in fact - I was surprised he was still alive. But it blows my mind how fragile people are, and most people don't handle their lives with care.

Here's to those that are gone. May they be in a better place, without pain, without sorrow. May others learn from their mistakes.


Signature

1 hearts about my post:

MollyinMinn said...

I agree. What a loss, but I was also kind of surprised that I was surprised...if that makes sense.