February 15, 2010

Muffin Tin Me

I don't know how I have survived 28 years of living, and never heard of Muffin Tin Lunch. How wonderful for someone who doesn't like to make choices, and wants a little bit of everything. I think it's more advertised for kids, but I don't see why adults can't have this too! It not only is fun, but also can help with portion control....something I am lacking. completely. I'm thinking about the variety, and all the fun ways to display. Since this isn't a new concept (except to me!) I posted all the neat-o pics I found on the subject. Probably the most appealing aspect to this way of eating are the themes. Women have created a muffin tin lunch based on holidays, favorite books, movies, hobbies.....again, so many choices!!

Sycamore Stirrings based the muffin lunch on the book Mouse Mess by Linnia Riley. It is a story of a mouse (eek!) who creates a mess snacking and munching his way through the kitchen. The creator of this muffin tin picked the food mentioned in the book.

Another book/muffin tin lunch I found is based off of Goodnight Moon. I remember this book because as a kid, my younger cousin would read this religiously! Life in Gator Land created moon sandwiches and cheese stars.
My brother's favorite book as a child was The Hungry Hungry Caterpillar - and perhaps this muffin tin lunch would have gone a long way in his eyes! My Little Gems did a fabulous job listing the foods included on the menu. Thanks!!

THE MENU: chocolate cake, a go-yogurt, pickle, string cheese, ham, applesauce muffin, tomato wedges, and some peaches (had to eat something healthy with all that junk!)
Probably my favorite tin meal is based on the book, Pinkalicious by Victoria and Elizabeth Kahn. It's adorable, pink and so very cute! This is an amusing book about a girl who eats too many pink cupcakes (perhaps was this me as a kid?), and turns pink. I just love all the treats in this muffin tin - and I especially like the heart shaped tin. It definitely adds character to an already fun meal!

If you want to join in on the fun, you can join Sycamore Stirrings and be part of the Muffin Tin Mondays. I think if I find the time, I just might join :) Though I may be the only one without children on the site. hehe


Signature

0 hearts about my post: