July 04, 2013

An Apple a Day


To counteract all the sugar I recently devoured, a healthy lunch was in order. To go along with my deep seeded love for green apples, Mr. and I thew together this yummy salad. By Mr and I, I mean I told him what to do and he made it. Details.

Kale Apple Chicken Salad

Dressing
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoon of dijon mustard
1 1/2 teaspoon honey
sea salt to taste

1 bunch kale
2 green apples - cored and cubed
1/2 cup dried cranberries
3 ounces crumbled goat cheese (we just used the entire container)
1 pound chicken - grilled and cubed

*As the chicken was grilling, we made the dressing. However, if you don't have the ingredients, you can always mix it with any dressing - I've used Newman's Lite Honey Mustard and Raspberry. Both so yummy!

This salad made enough for 4 helpings and still enough for another sitting.




*Thank you Domino Sugar for making an appearance in this picture. Your assistance in baking my desserts was most appreciated.  Too bad I am a jerk and used you for everything you had.

Try this recipe - you will not be disappointed!



Signature

0 hearts about my post: