August 18, 2013

Stand up and grill


There's something thrilling when the cardboard box arrives on our doorstep, and even if I know what it's it- I still feel a bit of a rush as I peel back the lid.  This month we received a fantastic box from BeSpokePost  which advertises as a box of awesome, and awesome it is!
After getting my own box of fun last month, I thought it was time that Mister got something!

Last month's box marketed Himalayan Salt plate - and really, what is more awesome!? This block of salt goes on the grill, or open gas oven (which we don't have).  You can cook fish, steak, veggies, chicken - pretty much anything! The salt naturally seasons the item, making it super tasty. 

In addition to the salt block, the package also came with two rubs/seasonings and a spatula. The price of the box per month is $45.00.  After looking up the prices of the items, the box was clearly worth it!

Cant't wait to make more, as right now it's just a thing of beauty.  Salt blocks are ideal not only for cooking food, but also for serving.  Raw fish, like sushi, picks up the saltiness of the block.  Put the block in the fridge for about two hours, and arrange tomatoes and cheese, or watermelon, mint and feta.  If you let it sit for 20 minutes or so, the salt will totally pop!

After some searching, I found Salt Block Cooking by Mark Bitterman.  The recipes in here looking A-mazing!  My favorite is the apple onion tart with blue cheese.  


I can't wait to get cooking on this!  
Signature

0 hearts about my post: