July 04, 2012

Breakfast fruit goodness

Hello friends! I greatly apologize for my long absence from the bloggy world! This year has been crazy hectic and I haven't felt very creative, but through the months I have felt like a piece of me has been missing.  So I am hoping this summer I can reconnect with that part of me! Here it goes......... 

Breakfast.  The dreaded B word Monday through Friday. It seems no matter what time I wake up, my breakfast always suffers.  This morning I drank my breakfast  - a Yoohoo. A what?! Nothing nutritious. If liquid is part of my morning routine, these three choices appeal to me!

New Breakfast Option
1 cup frozen strawberries or raspberries
1 1/4 cup vanilla soy milk (Have you had this before - what is your favorite kind?)
1 cup of Fiber One yogurt - any flavor.  I like vanilla or plain because then the flavor doesn't compete with the strawberries or raspberries


2nd Breakfast Option
Morning Banana Cinna-Roll
1 cup almond milk
1 frozen banana
1 tsp hemp seeds
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 scoop of protein vanilla
ice

3rd Breakfast Option
Mango Smoothie
1 cup chopped ripe mango
1/4 avocado, chopped
1/2 mango sorbet
1/4 skim milk
2 teaspoons lime juice
1/4 crushed ice
1 tablespoon honey

4th Breakfast Option
Many Fruit Smoothie
blueberries
raspberries
green grapes
pineapple
banana
strawberries
apple
greek yogurt
skim milk
protein powder
ice




    These four recipes seem to be better and healthier than a Yoohoo!!!  Can't wait to go to the farmer's market, and get blending on these drinks!!



    Signature

    1 hearts about my post:

    Unknown said...

    These all sound like great options!