May 25, 2011

The Countdown has begun!

 It is less than 30 days till I am 30! I couldn't be happier how I am celebrating :)  With a few close friends/family, we are renting a house in the Finger Lakes for a long weekend and enjoying great company and tasty wines for four days. 
To help prepare for the weekend, I am starting to think about what good eats we will have. Since we planned out a few quick recipes, I figured I would showcase them to you, my loving reader. 

Breakfast in Your Belly #1
My loving husband is making breakfast every morning.  These are the items he plans on tackling! Yum YUM. 

Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes

1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup milk
2 eggs
Strawberry Syrup
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
1/2 cup strawberry syrup for pancakes
This is the easier version, because Mr. actually makes his own pancake mix (I haven't a clue). 
  1. 1 Slice cream cheese lengthwise into four pieces. Place on ungreased cookie sheet; cover and freeze 8 hours or overnight.
  2. 2 Brush griddle or skillet with vegetable oil, or spray with cooking spray; heat griddle to 375°F or heat skillet over medium heat.
  3. 3 Cut cream cheese into bite-size pieces; set aside. In large bowl, stir Bisquick mix, graham cracker crumbs, sugar, milk and eggs with whisk or fork until blended. Stir in cream cheese.
  4. 4 For each pancake, pour slightly less than 1/3 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook until edges are dry. Turn; cook other sides until golden brown.
  5. 5 In small bowl, mix strawberries and syrup; top pancakes with strawberry mixture.
 



Signature 




 

0 hearts about my post: