March 24, 2011

Pineapple Pun Insertion

Wit has escaped me. I am mourning summer. I miss it. I need it. Where is the warm sun? Where is my tan? Where is the cool summer breeze? Oh yeah. Pity party. Party of one. I need something to get me through the next few months of winter/spring, because I will be happy when June hits :)

Till then, I hope my diet can convince my mind it's summer time. I already have had a few margaritas in my system last week - and that is strictly a summer drink. Oh well! Speaking of which, I had SkinnyBee Margaritas. Oh. My. Goodness. I don't have words for how smooth it was - sooooo unbelieveably yummy. It only has 100 calories per drink, and considering most margarita mixes are between 400-800 calories, you can pack away at least 4! The drink is made with Hornitos Reposado 100 percent Agave tequila and Applebee's SkinnyBee mix. I found a website from associated content, that wrote out the ingredients of this fab drink. 


"Applebee's Skinny Bee Margarita copy cat recipe: To make a skinny margarita at home, use lime Perrier mineral water or lime sparkling water and mix with the juice of two limes, a shot of tequila and ice."
I will be testing this out soon!!


OK. back to the task at hand. Bringing back summer. Trader Joe's is supposely opening less than five minutes away from my house -and if that rumor turns true. There will be a celebration! I love their Pineapple Salsa. Pair that with chicken - and yum yum yum in my tum.
Image taken from artnet.com

What else can be paired with this delicious goodness?  Tortilla chips of course!  But let's think out of the box....any suggestions?


0 hearts about my post: